It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 17:04

So I have bought a SegaCD from ebay. 
Aero the Acrobat

Post So I have bought a SegaCD from ebay.
Yeah, I was pretty fed up that I still have my old Genesis system since my early child hood and nothing to attach it to. I have bought a used SegaCD system from ebay and a few games that came with it. I never have had a SegaCD before and this is my first time owning one.

Interestingly enough, the SegaCD uses the processors from the Genesis motherboard. I was also happy to learn that the SegaCD can play standard audio CDs as well. One of the first games I have played on my new SegaCD is SonicCD and it was very fun.

My second SegaCD game was Ecco the Dolphin, this is a port of the original Genesis game and it has more advanced sound, graphics, and an extra level. The third SegaCD game is Lunar the silver star, it is an RPG that is very similar to Lufia for the Snes. Overall, I have had a blast with my SegaCD and I am currently buying more games for it.

The next attachment I will get for my Genesis will be the 32X.

26 Apr 2010, 19:04
Aero the Acrobat

Post Re: So I have bought a SegaCD from ebay.
Here is a pic of my new Sega CD system. I just like to show off new stuff that I buy. It's the model-1 version that originally came out first. That baby looks show room new!

06 May 2010, 01:51
Bubsy

Very Nice! I have a Model 1 Genesis with a Model 2 Sega CD. The Sega CD is a very underrated system/addon. Most people only think of the crappy FMV games that came out for it, however a little digging will yield you gems that were exclusive to the Sega CD. I know these games might be expensive but give Popful Mail or Shining Force CD a try if you can find them. Also Sonic Megamix is a fanmade Sonic game that you can Download from Sonic Retro and burn to a cd for play on the Sega CD. That fangame plays better than Sonic 4 in my opinion. If you plan on getting the Sega 32x I recommend you get Knuckles Chaotix and Tempo. Those are probably the two best games in my opinion.

01 Dec 2011, 03:14
Site Admin

Yeah Sonic Megamix is pretty awesome, I love all of the different characters and the level designs are pretty cool too.

Chaotix I'm not much of a fan of though to be honest.

01 Dec 2011, 03:32
Awesome Possum

I'm very torn on whether I should get a Mega CD or not. I just don't know if the PAL library of games is going to be worth my time, and if the games are going to be very expensive or not. And many of the import games that I am interested in would either require me to import a foriegn Sega CD or to faff around with BIOS chip and not have it work properly anyway.

At this stage the only way you'll get me to buy one is if it's really cheap.

01 Dec 2011, 16:41
Bubsy

You do know that the Sega CD and Dreamcast have little to no copy protection for their games right? It is possible to burn some of the more rare Sega CD games to CD-Rs and play them on your actual console with not having to mod anything. Also there is a program out there that lets you change the region for game isos so you could play Sega CD games like Annet Futabi on a MegaCD (PAL) or Sega CD. Whether or not you'd want to do this is up to you and your feelings toward emulation and that sort of thing.

01 Dec 2011, 20:19
Awesome Possum

I knew about the lack of copy protection, but I didn't know it was possible to change the region codes of games, that's pretty interesting. I think I might just crumble and get one...

03 Dec 2011, 03:14