It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 05:09

Finally got hold of Panzer Dragoon Saga! 
Site Admin

Post Finally got hold of Panzer Dragoon Saga!
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the bargains thread or not :D it did still cost me £75 but the game is commonly selling for £120 on Ebay at the moment so its still a good price.

I also picked up Shining the Holy Ark so I've got two of the highest rated Saturn RPG's now, just missing Dragon Force (which sells for like £80 :shock: )

24 Apr 2010, 18:30
Zool

Post Re: Finally got hold of Panzer Dragoon Saga!
Rich wrote:
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the bargains thread or not :D it did still cost me £75 but the game is commonly selling for £120 on Ebay at the moment so its still a good price.

I also picked up Shining the Holy Ark so I've got two of the highest rated Saturn RPG's now, just missing Dragon Force (which sells for like £80 :shock: )

Holy eff, that's awesome man. Fantastic game. I'm seriously jealous of Shining the Holy Ark; it's another one of the games on my "need to get" list, and yeah, expensive as crap here. Dragon Force too, and yeah, really expensive.

You got that for a really good price, and I'm assuming you bought it complete. Good find man.

24 Apr 2010, 19:01
Site Admin

Fat_bot wrote:
Holy eff, that's awesome man. Fantastic game. I'm seriously jealous of Shining the Holy Ark; it's another one of the games on my "need to get" list, and yeah, expensive as crap here. Dragon Force too, and yeah, really expensive.

You got that for a really good price, and I'm assuming you bought it complete. Good find man.

Dude, its in great condition, I'd go as far as to say that its nearly mint (and Shining the Holy Ark is mint)

Maybe I'll take some pictures tommorow.

I also bought Mystaria (I think this is called Burning Heroes or something in the US) which seems alright, had the chance to buy Shining Wisdom, but tbh it didn't seem worth the asking price at all (my mate let me borrow the games for a week to try them) it was alright and everything, fun, but felt like a big step back from SNES games like Illusion of Gaia, and Link to the Past (and those games don't sell anywhere near the range of £30-£50). Apparently Shining Wisdom was a Mega Drive game which was canceled and pretty much dumped on Saturn unchanged (which I can certainly believe from what I experienced of it) so yeah, I'd definitely pick it up if I saw it for less than £15 though (which is highly unlikely given how rare it is, but oh well).

25 Apr 2010, 03:29
Bubsy

Holy Arc and PD Saga are great games - looks like you got a good price, but they are well worth every penny even at the current prices. Dragon Force is decent too, though a bit harder to get into IMHO.

Have you played Shining Force 3? the trilogy of that is definitely worth investing in.

02 Jun 2011, 04:37
Site Admin

I've actually got most of the Saturn games now which I feel are the priorities (had to for my list), the only ones I'm still looking out for are the ones which I've heard mixed reactions for, which I feel I should check out just in case they turn out to be list worthy for possible future revisions (Three Dirty Dwarves for instance is quite liked by some people, but hated by others)

I don't buy games which require FAQs unless its just simple menu translations.

03 Jun 2011, 18:32
Bubsy

Sounds like a good policy :) and yes, it is a shame that they never released the last two parts of the SF3 trilogy over here - it really is one of the best RPGs on the Saturn IMHO. I'm not too keen on the Japanese language thing either so just downloaded the translation patch and played them all in full English

on the subject of translations, I've also done this on a few other games too. I was finally able to complete Policenauts recently - Snatcher is one of my all time favourite games and that is just as good! easily one of the best Saturn games (tho I actually did the PS1 version)

oh and I'm in the "like" 3 dirty dwarves camp BTW :) strangely i did prefer puzzles of the MD version tho!!

04 Jun 2011, 03:08
Bubsy

PDS is just excellent. Beautiful game that should be remade!!!!!! D=< Come on, Sega!

06 Jul 2011, 08:19
Bubsy

Haven't tried this PDS.

03 Nov 2011, 16:44
Site Admin

jenny1 wrote:
Haven't tried this PDS.
Most people haven't, its just too expensive at >£100 shame though as its one of the best RPGs of it time.

03 Nov 2011, 23:45