It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 05:18

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What Have You Played Recently? 
Site Admin

Post Re: What Have You Played Recently?
Gummidge wrote:
Don't have any import Megadrive games yet (and my library sucks as it is), but rest assured the first title I pick up will be Hard Corps, which a few friends are looking forward to as well. Much cheaper than Probotector
Hard Corps is an awesome game, definitely one of my favourite of the whole 16-bit generation, the 1st 30 seconds is like a charge of the light brigade though, so expect to die fast for the first good few attempts, once you pick up homing missiles it calms down a lot, and learning to use the skid (which makes you temporarily invincible) and mode change (lets you fire diagonally without moving) is imperative

Gummidge wrote:
when I switch it to 60hz it won't play the music too fast, which will be probably be the case with Probotector.
I'm pretty sure Probotector (PAL) plays perfectly at 60hz (Konami rarely speed optimised for Mega Drive), but the real shame is that Probotector is censored, I have no problems with them changing the characters for the robots (always thought the robot designs were pretty cool) but they also edited all the little between level scenes, simplified some of the character dialogue, and removed one of the endings.

Gummidge wrote:
That's the last title I'd expect you to have played. My favourite in the series probably has to be Gateway to Glimmer, Year didn't quite live up to it personally. Levels were generally less interesting, there was loading crap in between games and the final boss and after-game are so much better.
I went from 1, to 3 to be honest, I'll make sure to give 2 the benefit of the doubt now being that you're the 2nd person to say that 2 was best.

10 Jul 2011, 14:37
Bubsy

Recently been playing torchlight for xbox live arcade which i fully completed (200/200gs) and i have to say the game was so enjoyable i could hardly put it down, well worth getting. I had already heard good reviews about this game and being a massive fan of its predecessors fate and diablo, there would be nothing stopping me from playing this game. I like the storyline even if there wasnt much of one, i loved the use of a pet which you could transform by feeding it different kinds of fish (which you catch yourself) and the way once you complete the game that isn't it, you can still go through the endless dungeon collect those mega rare items or sets, but if that isn't for you, you can also retire (another class part of the game) If you chose to retire you pass your legacy on to your next of kin (a new character) and you can leave special items), the character building screens inventorys and quests were all very easy to use. The only downside i saw of this game was the lack of multiplayer? this game would have been perfect with it and i think due to the aforementioned it lost a lot of sales. Hopefully the next will address that (if they release a number 2).

14 Jul 2011, 12:09
Awesome Possum

By some incredible miracle, I found Probotector in a charity shop a few days ago for £7 entire pounds.

It's absolutely mind-blowing. And you were right about the difficulty: the first time I played it I had to continue in about a minute! The Virtual Zone still has a tendency to kick my arse however.

I see what you mean about the changes from Hard Corps - I was confused as to the identity of the robot in black, turns out he gives his name as "Deadeye Joe" in Hard Corps. Perhaps I'll keep looking for a proper copy of Hard Corps on eBay, but I'm enjoying Probotector quite a bit.

I've also been playing Thunder Force 4. Little did I know recently that the PAL version was perfectly optimised for 50hz - meaning I've been playing it around 16% faster than it should be played on my modified Megadrive. That may explain the crushing difficulty.

Finally, Psyco Fox's jumping massively irritates me to no end and I'm finding it difficult to enjoy.

01 Aug 2011, 22:49
Site Admin

Gummidge wrote:
Finally, Psycho Fox's jumping massively irritates me to no end and I'm finding it difficult to enjoy.

Yeah its a tricky, tricky game to master, not very accessible to be honest, but still a good game, have you changed to the monkey much, for some sections he tends to be easier

03 Aug 2011, 22:13
Bubsy

I played iDate. It's fun.

17 Sep 2011, 07:48
Site Admin

I just completed Super Mario Bros 3 (without using any level warps)

and yes, I know I should be doing other things more related to the site, but I've been playing nothing but PS1 games for the last 2 months and I wanted a break :P2

23 Sep 2011, 22:40
Aero the Acrobat

Rich wrote:
I just completed Super Mario Bros 3 (without using any level warps)

and yes, I know I should be doing other things more related to the site, but I've been playing nothing but PS1 games for the last 2 months and I wanted a break :P2

Even without level warps that game is still easy lol. I have played Super Mario Bros. 2 advance for GBA, it's just like Super Mario Bros. 2 from the all-stars game for the SNES but with more warped out graphics. I really like the voice overs it brings the game to life. I have yet to play Super Mario World advance but that's next in my to play list.

30 Sep 2011, 20:02
Site Admin

THEALFOOO wrote:
Even without level warps that game is still easy lol.

Its only really the length which was stopping me from completing it previously.

A lot of people complain about Contra Hard Corps being too hard, but I'd completed one of the endings for that after maybe a week of sustained play, and after that I blazed through the alternate paths fairly quickly.

03 Oct 2011, 22:35
Bubsy

Animal Crossing, Gears of War 3, G.T.A. San Andreas and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga.

06 Nov 2011, 11:23
Bubsy

Animal Crossing, Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway, Gears of War 3, G.T.A. IV and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga.

19 Dec 2011, 13:38
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next