It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 05:22

Recent Gaming Bargains 
Zool

Post Recent Gaming Bargains
So yeah, if you got any great games (or mediocre ones) for an awesome deal, go ahead and post them here.

Picked up Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on clearance for $7.48 last night at Target. I've enjoyed the other games in the series (though they're brutally hard sometimes), and figured that while it looks like more of the same, that's not really a bad thing in this case.

11 Mar 2010, 21:27
Site Admin

Post Re: Recent Gaming Bargains
Fat_bot wrote:
So yeah, if you got any great games (or mediocre ones) for an awesome deal, go ahead and post them here.

Picked up Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on clearance for $7.48 last night at Target. I've enjoyed the other games in the series (though they're brutally hard sometimes), and figured that while it looks like more of the same, that's not really a bad thing in this case.
I've got one of the older Fire Emblems, the one on the Gamecube, but I haven't really gotten around to playing it properly yet unfortunately (I've owned it for ages but I've just got so many games).

I haven't made many gaming purchases myself recently as money is tight at the moment.

11 Mar 2010, 23:32
Zool

Rich wrote:
Fat_bot wrote:

I've got one of the older Fire Emblems, the one on the Gamecube, but I haven't really gotten around to playing it properly yet unfortunately (I've owned it for ages but I've just got so many games).

I haven't made many gaming purchases myself recently as money is tight at the moment.

Same here, this was the first in a while for the same reason. But it was too good a deal to pass up, and the games have so much gameplay, so it was worth it.

12 Mar 2010, 00:08
Site Admin

I picked up some Mega Drive games today, Warriors of the Eternal Sun for £5, and the first Road Rash for £2.

04 May 2010, 04:07
Zool

Rich wrote:
I picked up some Mega Drive games today, Warriors of the Eternal Sun for £5, and the first Road Rash for £2.

I feel like a heretic of sorts for saying it, but Road Rash (PS1) was my favorite of the series, even though 3 is usually the one I hear being "the best".

Picked up The Beatles Rock Band for 27 bucks (not the best bargain, but lower than it was and I love the Fab Four), and Afro Samurai for 8. I've been geeking out with the extras in BRB, and I really like Afro Samurai, even if it is a somewhat dumbed-down Ninja Gaiden.

I also found out that this little scope I found for a Zapper gun way back when is worth a butt-ton of money (like, 100 bucks on eBay) and I think the video store near Sara's parents (where I often buy my retro titles) has another one. If so, there's the funds back for those recent purchases :D

05 May 2010, 04:39
Zool

Link to the scope I mentioned earlier.

05 May 2010, 04:42
Site Admin

Fat_bot wrote:
Rich wrote:

I feel like a heretic of sorts for saying it, but Road Rash (PS1) was my favorite of the series, even though 3 is usually the one I hear being "the best".
Do you mean the Road Rash (3DO version) port? or Jail Break?

Road Rash (3DO) was actually pretty highly rated when it originally came out, one of the big reasons why the Saturn and PS1 versions were criticised was not because they were bad per se, but because they were belated ports, a lot of the reviews basically focussed on the fact that it was a year old 3DO port with no extras, though according to one of the reviews I read in Sega Saturn Official magazine the Saturn version was actually worse than the 3DO version, so that may well have stacked against the later versions too (though generally the Saturn seemed to have bigger problems porting from 3DO than the PS1 did)

06 May 2010, 23:36
Zool

The 3DO port, with Soundgarden music :D

I picked up Fighting Vipers (Saturn) today, complete for 6 bucks + tax. Not too shabby; I recall playing it in a store kiosk way back in the day but not really getting into it... worth another shot now.

09 May 2010, 06:57
Site Admin

Fat_bot wrote:
The 3DO port, with Soundgarden music :D
Its all about the Soundgarden music 8-)

Fat_bot wrote:
I picked up Fighting Vipers (Saturn) today, complete for 6 bucks + tax. Not too shabby; I recall playing it in a store kiosk way back in the day but not really getting into it... worth another shot now.
It was a great game back in the day, easily one of the best 3D fighters when it came out. I used to play it a lot with one of my buddies when we were kids, Fighters Megamix pretty much makes it redundant though unfortunately (though I still decided to pick both up anyway in the end just due to nostalgia I think).

12 May 2010, 02:31
Zool

Just ordered 3D Dot Game Heroes from Amazon.com, so I'm looking forward to some neo-retro gaming on Friday.

I used the $20 credit I got for buying Red Dead Redemption, the game was on sale for $36.99, and I got free two-day shipping, so overall I'm only out 17 bucks on the deal... I like :)

Sara and I are going to her hometown this weekend, so I'll be checking out the video store there to see if they got in any decent "new" old titles.

26 May 2010, 21:34